Friday, June 14, 2013

First Appointment

On Wednesday we had our first prenatal appointment. Like I said before I was pretty nervous about the whole thing. Boy was I nervous about nothing! I went in and was greeted at the door. After we got the basics out of the way (urine sample, blood pressure, etc.) we talked about how I was doing and if we had any questions. Then the glorious moment came when we were going to hear the heartbeat! As she rubbed olive oil on my belly I was getting nervous, I said, "I am afraid you are not going to hear anything!" She smiled with that sweet smile and said, "Don't worry! We will." As she moved around my belly and we heard a few noises, that were not a heartbeat. I was beginning to lose hope. I looked at everyone's faces to see if anyone looked nervous. No body did! Then we finally heard the quick little lub-lub of our babies heartbeat! I am sure I was grinning from ear to ear. There really is a baby in there! I was speechless as she said, "That's your baby!" I looked at Kirk he looked overcome with emotion. (He denies that his eyes got watery, but I am pretty sure I saw tears starting to form!) She said that the heart beat was in the 160's and that both the baby and I are healthy and things are going well. Those were sweet words to hear. I am so thankful that things went so well! I am glad that my fears were taken away and now all week I have had this peaceful calm feeling come over me. I know everything will work out. I can't stop smiling as I remember that sweet sound. The baby swam away and then she tried again we found it one more time, but that stubborn little baby swam away again. It was such a special moment to hear that little baby's heartbeat. I am grateful that I have such a supportive husband and that we got to share that moment together. I obviously can't wait to meet this baby, but I am content on her/him growing happy and healthy for the time being. I feel so much love between myself and Kirk for this little one that will be joining our family. We are so excited to be parents. I can't wait to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl! I want to start shopping for those cute little outfits.... I took a Chinese Gender prediction test and it said the baby was a boy! We will just have to wait and see. Well thanks for reading!

-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment