Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Addie Belle


This little girl has come and stolen my whole heart. I am so in love with her, I can't even explain it. People always talk about the love a parent has for their child, but until I actually experienced it I didn't understand. I will do anything for her. I am so grateful to God. I feel so honored to be blessed with one of his beautiful daughters. I thank him everyday for her. Kirk and I feel like we are the luckiest parents in the world!


Addie Belle is doing great! 

She is a bit of a fussy baby. She had really bad colic for the first several weeks of her life. At my six week appointment my midwife noticed that she had a lip and tongue tie. The Doctor cut her tongue tie and ever since then she has been less colicky. She is still high maintenance though. She likes things a certain way. She is one of the most serious babies I know! She makes you work hard for a smile. And has only giggled a handful of times! But when she does it is absolutely the cutest thing in the whole world! She also spits up more than any baby I know! She is sort of out growing that, but she has gotten us in the mouth a few times, and I swear she aims down my shirt. 

She makes the cutest facial expressions! She has the most expressive eyes. Most of the time I wonder what she is thinking. She has the chubbiest cheeks. She probably gets tired of me pinching them, but how can I resist? I am not sure why but ever since she was a little baby we have been growling at her. I think Kirk started it. She smiles so we keep doing it! She has now started to growl back at us. It is the cutest thing ever! I am pretty sure she thinks it is a form of communication. We try to get it on video, but then she stops. It is so funny! 

She started to talk and coo a few weeks ago and rolled over for the first time about a week ago. She is growing up so quickly I am trying to savor every moment. I am so proud of this little one. When we go out we can't get far without someone commenting on how cute she is. 

She is so bright and so observant. She loves to just watch what we do and how we do it. She is taking everything in. One of her favorite times of the day is when she is getting ready for bed and we let her lay there in her diaper. She kicks, smiles and coos. She also loves when we blow on her belly. She loves to play with her Dada!

We are so happy this little one came into our lives we are so lucky to have her. She has brought such a special spirit with her. I know that she will continue to bless us as she grows up. 

Here are some pictures of Miss Addie Belle! 



Addie soon after Birth


 One Month!

Two Months!



3 Months old!

 Addie Belle on April 7th growing up way to fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment